HP Printer Drivers from Apple Software Update issues
For more than a decade, Apple offered HP drivers update through the Apple Software Update (ASU). Unfortunately, Apple is no longer supporting the HP printer drivers through the ASU. However, you can download the drivers from the website. Besides, you can print via Apple AirPrint software effortlessly.
Now, follow the instructions given here to get the HP print drivers from the website. If you have any queries while following these steps, connect with us.
Download hp printer drivers from the 123.hp.com/setup
Now, start downloading the drivers for your Mac according to the OS version. At first, go through the Mac OS versions list supported by your HP printer. Then, choose the best driver for your printer. In general, most of the HP printer models connect with the mac device. For safer side, keep an eye on the compatible Mac OS versions. Once you have done the compatibility check, go through the instructions below.
- To begin with, switch on your Mac device and avail the network connection.
- Next, open the driver support page using any browser from the computer.
- Then, type the HP printer model and also the Mac OS version.
- Now, click on Search to find the recent drivers for your printer.
- From the list, you can choose either the basic or full drivers.
- Note: If you are going to use your HP printer for basic operations, select and download the basic drivers. And, for advanced printing and connectivity features, download the full drivers.
- After choosing the printer drivers, click on the Download option.
- Once you complete the driver download, move to the driver installation.
- For installing the drivers, click the Run or Yes option on the installer.
- Finally, on initiating the installation, follow the on-screen instructions.
Through the built-in hp printer software on the Mac:
To begin with, choose the available Use menu and click the ‘Other’ option. After that, choose the file and press the Add option.
How to update the printer software for my Mac?
It is the standard query when you get the driver update notification. Now, here is an easy solution to download the recent driver updates.
- To begin with, switch on your Mac and find the Apple icon.
- Now, click on it and go to the System Preferences.
- Then, look for the Software Update option from the options list.
- Here, you can find the available software updates for your printer.
Sometimes, you may not find your printer drivers through the Software Update. It is due to any mishandling or connection issues. When you encounter the issue, the first thing you need to consider is the OS compatibility. Now, cross-check to find if your printer is compatible with the HP Supported MAC OS list.
Update hp printer software on Mac:
Here is an alternate way to download the printer driver updates on Mac. To use this method, you have to choose the compatible macOS device. Then, connect the printer to the macOS. Once you add the printer to your desktop, it automatically downloads the printer driver. Sometimes, it uses AirPrint to connect and print from the printer.
After connecting to the network, you may not find your printer. At that time, you can select and reconnect your printer with new settings and print software.
Steps for adding your printer with new settings:
- Initially, turn on the printer and Apple desktop.
- Now, choose the Apple icon from your MAC device.
- Then, select the System Preferences and click on the Printers & Scanners.
- Next, scroll through the printer list to find your printer.
- Now, choose your printer and click on the Remove button or “-.”
- After that, add your printer with the “+.” When the screen shows the menu, click on the Add Printer or Scanner option.
You can see the printers, which are connected to the local network. Now, select your printer from the list and use one of the following steps.
Using AirPrint service:
When your printer is AirPrint-enabled with the USB cable, click on the Use menu. Then, press the AirPrint option and proceed with the printing.
Using the printer software downloaded for your Mac:
Firstly, select the ‘Use’ menu and then click on Select Software and proceed further.
Common problems faced while installing the printer driver updates for MAC:
After updating the printer drivers, you may experience some minor issues. Through a couple of troubleshooting steps, you can resume with your printing tasks. Take a glance at the upcoming section to find the necessary troubleshooting steps.
Steps for AirPrint-enabled printer:
- To begin with, restart the printer as well as the Wi-Fi router.
- Then, keep the printer and Wi-Fi router close to each other.
- Now, download the recent firmware for your printer and Wi-Fi router.
- Also, get the updated software for the Mac device.
- Then, reset the printing system to start printing again.
Resetting the print system:
- When you reset the entire system, it removes the connected printers along with the tasks and settings.
- To begin with, search and click on the Apple icon and look for System Preferences.
- Then, select the Printers & Scanners. Now, press and hold the Control key and click randomly.
- After that, go through the menu to select the “Reset printing system.”
Remove your printer drivers:
- If you still face the error, try clearing the recently installed software and printer drivers. The following are the steps to do it.
- Initially, click on the Finder à Go à Folder. Then, open your printer folder.
- Now, select the Edit option and choose Select All to choose entire files.
- After that, go to the File à New Folder, to move all the files to a new folder.
- Lastly, delete this folder and see if you can print it.
If your printer is still unable to accept and process the print jobs, connect with our technician. Call our printer specialist who analyzes and troubleshoots your printer effectively. Feel free to approach us to explore top-notch printer service. We are available through chat and call, round the clock!