How to solve HP Printer Blue Screen Error Message
When you speak about printers, they provide top quality and consistency. But, occasionally you encounter some issues and negligible problems associated with HP Printer. In reference to all of these issues, we have one common HP printer issue is HP Envy Printer blue screen error.
Using this blog, you may find the easy solution for your HP Printer blue screen error, all you need to do is, try to use the below steps:
HP Printer Blue Screen Error- What Is It?
The blue screen error rises when you attempt to connect the printer to any of the devices or connect it to any wireless network. Even this issue can occur when you are trying to print any notice online or connecting the printer via a laptop /mobile phone. You can get this error for more than a reason like ISP. Once you have confirmed the exact issue, you need to know about the solutions that match to resolve them in no time.
Reset the product
- You need to turn ON the printer and try to disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Then, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- You need to wait at least 60 seconds.
- Eventually, plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Further, reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Switch ON the desired 123.hp.com/setup. HP recommends plugging the printer right into a wall outlet.
To restore the printer to the original factory defaults
- You can use the active HP printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab which is present at the top of the screen.
- Further, access through the Dashboard, and then touch (Setup).
- Finalize with the Printer Maintenance>Touch Restore.
- Finally, hit the Restore Factory Defaults. Now, you will be getting a message stating the factory defaults that can be restored.
Try to disable the printing progress window in the driver via the advanced tab:
- Connect through the active computer, and choose the option- Start, Settings, Printers.
- Now, right-click the appropriate HP-GL/2 driver reference to its correct product.
- Try to scroll down to select the Properties or Printing Preferences(depending on the Windows OS environment).
- Confirm with the Advanced tab.
- Then, disable the option- printing progress window.
- Finally, you can notice a blue screen problem will no longer occur.
Yet, if you need any support or assistance regarding the HP Printer blue screen error message- Call Our Technical Team instantly.