Why is my HP Envy 6458e printer scanner not working on Windows 11?
HP Envy 6458e printer scanner not working on Windows 11 is one of the common problems that several users experience. Following the methods below to solve the HP Envy 6458 printer scanner problem.
- HP Envy 6458e Printer Scanner Reset
For resetting the HP Envy 6458e printer scanner:
- Power off the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the wall outlet and wait for some time.
- Plug the USB cord into the wall outlet and reboot the printer.
Now, check whether the scanner is working. If it still needs to be fixed, move on to the following method.
- Check Whether the Envy Printer Scanner is Compatible with the Windows 11
Sometimes updating your windows device to version 11 may cause a scanning problem. To avoid this, check whether the Envy 6458e printer is compatible with the Windows 11 version.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Access the device, which is in connection with the HP Envy 6458e printer.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor on the device.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor setup file and follow the wizard steps.
- Finish the installation and choose your Envy printer.
- Select the option- Fix Scanning and complete the process.
- Now, check and confirm whether the problem is resolved correctly.
Still, if the HP Envy 6458e printer scanner needs to be fixed, then continue with the following method.
- HP Envy 6458e Printer Software Reinstallation
For reinstalling the HP Envy 6458e printer, use the set of standard instructions shown below:
- Move on to the Windows 11 device and open the “Run” dialog box.
- Now, enter “appwiz.cpl” and choose – OK to access the section – Programs and Features.
- Then, you will see the HP Envy 6458e printer software, right-click on it and select the displayed “Uninstall” option.
- After HP printer software uninstallation, search for the software suitable for your device OS version.
- Run the software setup file and continue with the wizard instructions.
- Finish the installation and restart your Windows 11 computer.
- Finally, try scanning with your Envy printer.
- Check Whether the Windows Image Acquisition is Functioning
- Press the Windows and R keys to open the dialog box- Run. Then, enter the term-services.msc and proceed.
- After that, access the Names category and choose- Windows Image Acquisition. Now, twice, click on the “Windows Image Acquisition” and access its properties section.
- Choose the General tab and access the Startup section. Make the Startup Automatic and choose- Start. Then, click on the Apply option and choose- OK.
- Finally, restart your Windows 11 computer and scan with HP 6458e printer.
Resolving this HP 6458e printer scanner problem is easy if you follow the method explained in this blog. However, if you need any explanation on this, contact our technical team. Our technical team is capable and has expertise in guiding all printer-related queries.