HP ENVY Photo 6230 Wireless Printer Setup
HP Envy Photo 6230 wireless printer is suitable for printing, copying, and scanning. It is compatible with wireless connectivity and has a memory of 256 MB DDR3. The printer supports mobile printing using HP ePrint, Wireless Direct Printing, Apple AirPrint, and Mopria-certified.
Its input paper tray can manage 125 sheets and the output paper tray manages 25 sheets. The Envy printer has a borderless printing feature. It has two print cartridges – 1 black color and 1 tri-color. The tri-color consists of magenta, cyan, and yellow.
To best use, the Envy 6230 printer, set it up properly. For this, follow the below method:
- Keep the HP Envy 6230 printer in a smooth and secure place. Then, remove the coverings properly from the printer without making any damage to the printer.
- Open the paper tray of the HP 6230 printer and ensure it has no problems. Now, take a bunch of papers compatible with the printer. Place the papers into the tray with the correct alignment and close the tray.
- Get the new ink cartridges and ensure it has proper ink levels. Then, remove the protective tapes from the cartridges.
- Open the cartridge slots of the Envy printer. Check the slots properly and load new ink cartridges into the slots. Close the slots.
- Get a stable USB cable and ensure it has no faults. Connect the USB cable to the printer and electric port.
- Activate the electric port and HP Envy 6230 printer.
Next, set up the compatible printer driver on the preferred computer. Setting up a compatible printer driver allows you to use all the printer features. For proper driver download and setup, use the procedure below:
- Activate the computer you want to connect with your Envy printer. Then, ensure the computer does not have any problems.
- Check the OS version of the computer and get a compatible HP Envy 6230 driver.
- Download the printer driver setup file and extract it on the computer. Now, continue with the standard guidelines given on the computer.
- Choose the preferred connectivity method when the wizard pops. Proceed and complete the HP Envy 6230 printer driver installation
Next, connect the computer and HP Envy 6230 printer wirelessly. For this, you can follow any of the methods explained below.
Wireless Setup Wizard:
The simple steps for wifi network setup via the wireless setup wizard method are
- Access the control panel of your HP printer and choose the Setup menu. Then, choose the network setup option and tap the wireless settings option.
- Now, choose the wireless setup wizard and a list of wifi networks will be on the printer panel. Select your preferred wifi network from the given list.
- Continue and when the wizard pops, enter the network code. Then, follow the on-screen instructions and finish the wifi setup process.
The set of standard procedures for wifi setup via the Wi-Fi Direct method is
- Insert a bunch of suitable papers into the printer paper tray. Now, go to the Windows device and move on to the Printers and Scanners section.
- Select- Add a printer or scanner and choose your printer name with DIRECT. Then, click on the Add device button.
- You will see the WPS Pin on the computer; copy it within 90 seconds. When the wizard pops on the printer to enter the pin, enter it.
- Proceed with the procedure shown on the screen and finish the process.
- Now, download the suitable printer driver if the message “Driver is unavailable status” appears.
- Run the HP 6230 printer driver setup file and install it using the wizard steps.
- Finally, take a sample print to ensure an accurate Wi-Fi setup.
- Make sure the Envy printer tray has compatible papers. Then, power up the HP 6230 printer.
- Access the Mac device and select the Wi-Fi icon shown on the device. Then, select your HP printer name with DIRECT.
- When the wizard pops, enter the Wi-Fi Direct password and select the Join option.
- Continue and complete the process. Finally, take a sample print.
HP Smart App:
The basic instructions for wireless setup using the HP Smart app are
- Keep your computer and printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Access the computer connected to the Envy printer. Now, activate Bluetooth on your computer.
- Download the HP Smart App software setup file on the computer.
- Click on the software setup file two times to initiate the software setup process. After that, proceed with the on-screen procedure and finish the setup.
- If you are using HP Smart App for the first time, then sign in to an HP account. This will help you to access all the functions of the Envy 6230 printer.
- Open the HP Smart App software and choose the Add Printer option. Now, follow the wizard steps to finish the setup.
HP Envy Photo 6230 wireless printer setup is simple using the above-explained instructions. If you need more clarification on this, get in touch with our printer support experts. Our printer support experts are highly skilled and have years of experience in providing quality solutions for all printer queries.